The following information is helpful in planning your trip to the Excelsior House Hotel. Most importantly, we hope your stay at the inn will be a fabulous experience.
Hotel Policies effective Jan. 1, 2017:
Reservation will be held by a credit card deposit in the amount of one night’s stay plus 13% hotel/motel occupancy tax. Balance, if any, is due upon check-in.
Rates are for double occupancy. Extra person: $25 per night.
Check-in time is 3PM. Check-out time is 11 AM.
Children under 12 are not permitted in the hotel. Children 12 and over, accompanied by their parents or guardians, are restricted to West Wing rooms only, unless special arrangements are made with the manager for Historic Wing rooms.
Safety – There is no elevator in the hotel, and the hotel is not suitable or safe for some guests who choose 2nd-floor rooms.
Smoking is not permitted in the hotel. Candles are also prohibited. Pets are not permitted in the hotel. Violators of these policies will be charged $500 fees.
Property Damage – Guests are responsible for damage to hotel property and their credit cards will be charged accordingly.
- We reserve the right to evict/remove any person or persons who create an unpleasant situation or become a nuisance.
- Cancellation Policy for Holidays and special events. Two-night minimum stay is required on holidays or special events. Full cost (including 13% hotel occupancy tax) will be charged upon reservation with a 30-day notice required to cancel for refund. The amount refunded will be less a $50 service charge per room when cancellation notice is given within the 30 day grace period. Beyond the 30 day grace period the reservation is non-refundable.
- Special Events and holidays include : New Year’s Eve, Quilts on the Bayou, Mardi Gras, Pilgrimage, October Burn Benefit, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, All weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Cancellation policies for regular bookings and group bookings:
- There is a $50 cancellation charge per room, provided the booking was cancelled within the grace period – no less than 7 days for a regular booking or 30 days for holidays, special events, or groups (two or more rooms; 4 or more guests on one reservation). Cancellations made after the grace period has expired are non-refundable. Early departures or no-shows are considered cancellations and the credit card holding the reservation will be charged in full.
The reservation is not cancelled until you have received your cancellation number. If you email your cancellation request and do not receive a cancellation number via reply-email within 24-hours, please call us to get your cancellation number.
- No Show: The entire balance will be charged to the card on file..
- Facilities rental for special events such as theatrical productions and weddings are charged one-half the facility fee before reservation can be booked. If food service is to be provided by the hotel, that charge will also incur a one-half fee deposit to place the order. Balance is due day of event