The following information is helpful in planning your trip to the Excelsior House Hotel. Most importantly, we hope your stay at the inn will be a fabulous experience.
Hotel Policies effective Jan. 1, 2017:
- Cancellation Policy for Holidays and special events. Two-night minimum stay is required on holidays or special events. Full cost (including 13% hotel occupancy tax) will be charged upon reservation with a 30-day notice required to cancel for refund. The amount refunded will be less a $50 service charge per room when cancellation notice is given within the 30 day grace period. Beyond the 30 day grace period the reservation is non-refundable.
- Special Events and holidays include : New Year’s Eve, Quilts on the Bayou, Mardi Gras, Pilgrimage, October Burn Benefit, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, All weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Cancellation policies for regular bookings and group bookings:
- There is a $50 cancellation charge per room, provided the booking was cancelled within the grace period – no less than 7 days for a regular booking or 30 days for holidays, special events, or groups (two or more rooms; 4 or more guests on one reservation). Cancellations made after the grace period has expired are non-refundable. Early departures or no-shows are considered cancellations and the credit card holding the reservation will be charged in full.
The reservation is not cancelled until you have received your cancellation number. If you email your cancellation request and do not receive a cancellation number via reply-email within 24-hours, please call us to get your cancellation number.
- Guests not staying in the hotel who reserve breakfast reservations will be charged in full at the time of reservation including 8.25% tax. Cancellations will be refunded, except $5 fee per person, if cancellation is three days in advance of the reservation date.
- Facilities rental for special events such as theatrical productions and weddings are charged one-half the facility fee before reservation can be booked. If food service is to be provided by the hotel, that charge will also incur a one-half fee deposit to place the order. Balance is due day of event.
- There are no exceptions to the cancellation policy. Hotel staff do not have the authority to make any amendments or exceptions to the above policy.
- No Show: The entire balance will be charged to the card on file.
- Children may not be left unattended in a guest room at any time.
- The Excelsior House Hotel is a totally non-smoking environment. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the hotel. Guests choosing to smoke may sit on the front porch or relax in the courtyard. Any guest choosing to smoke inside the hotel will incur a $500 cleaning fee.
- Pets are not allowed inside the hotel.
- Rates are based upon double occupancy. Extra person charge is $25 per person, per day.
- Check-in is available at 3 p.m. Check out time is 11 a.m. Special arrangements may be made for check-ins after 8 p.m. by notifying the front desk staff.
- We are a historic property and do not allow the use of candles or open flames in the rooms.
- We reserve the right to evict/remove any person or persons who create an unpleasant situation or become a nuisance.